Simplicity, unfortunately, does not exist. Debate settled, complexity wins. As put by C.S. Lewis: even "seeing a table" is complicated when you really get down to how the atoms of the wood work together and how the light reflects off the wood and hits your eyes, and how your eyes send the picture to your brain, and how your brain responds to the picture. Let's face it, life is complicated.
Though not far removed, I am no longer a teenager and for the first time in my life I see age as a blessing. With age comes understanding, and sometimes, with understanding comes frustration. Humans long for simplicity but the more I understand, and the more I probe into the fabric of life, the more I see that simplicity is merely an idea.
People often say things like "I wish I was back in kindergarten" (in fact I said that earlier tonight) but were I still in kindergarten, I would not know my precious Jesus. Not to mention, my life would be held back and wasted. Another thing thing people say is "I wish I could just skip the next few years" (I almost said this tonight but thought better of it). If I just skipped ahead, I would miss life experiences that were meant to shape me into who I'm supposed to be. I would lose out on spending quality time with the people in my life now. My life is not so bad that it needs parts to be skipped. As a Christian, I am told to persevere, even though my current situation only frustrates and annoys me, I still must push through with the leading of Jesus Christ and not wish away my troubles, no matter how big or small they may be. It seems so simple, but I've already talked about that.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment